Pages

Sunday, September 30

Hispanic Heritage Month


Several Latin American countries celebrate the anniversaries of independence during Hispanic Heritage Month. Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua celebrate independence on September 15.
Mexico achieved independence on September 16, and Chile, on September 18. Hispanic Heritage Month has been celebrated in the United States since 1974 when President Gerald Ford issued a Presidential Proclamation extending Hispanic Heritage Week into a month-long celebration, from September 15 through October 15.
 http://www.floridahispanicheritage.com/
 
 Here are some ways you can celebrate by going to a museum. Learn about a famous Hispani's like Ellen Ochoa : Astronaut or Dolores Huerta : Co-founder of United Farm Workers and we can't forget the most famous of all Desi Arnaz : Entertainer. Celebrate by wearing a sombrero and make  Latino dishes like Dominican Fried Chicken,Cuban Sandwich,Cilantro Serrano Cream Sauce and my favorite that I just made yesterday for my wonderful family Enchilada Recipes and tonight we will have nachos. Evey time I cook it's always homemade. I can't wait till Christmas where we are making homemade yummy Beef Tamales and Flan Mexicano (Mexican Flan)  My father has made  salsa all my life homemade of course neither my mother or father believe in the store band fake food as they both agree to call it. Sometimes it is just easy to buy the fake food but don't tell! Please have fun drinks lots of Tequila wear a sombrero, dance and have fun with your Heritage. Pop for the kids maybe even water would be better.
 
My family and I make it a huge deal that our family speak Spanish and English. I'm proud to be Mexican most of all I'm proud to be an American. Anytime I feel a little stress I blast some salsa music and dance. Dancing is a huge part of my heritage. You will never meet a Mexican who can't dance. My boys and I made a pinata fill it and broke it.
We had a blast most of all my Heritage values family. Family is the most important part of this month. You get to celebrate with the people you love. Let me know how you celebrated. I would love to hear your thoughts.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews