I love my smoothie's thought I would share this one.
-A handful of ice cubes
-A handful of strawberries
- 1 cup of almond milk (milk)
A dash of cinnamon and pumpkin powder.
-honey to taste add as much as you want or as little.
-A scoop of my shredz protein powder Cinnabon. (my secret ingredient)
This smoothie turned out fluffy and smooth. I need a little bit of a change from my normal smoothie which I add the above but also add spinach and change up to chocolate peanut butter protein powder from Shredz.com when I need to have something sweet. I also blend it with my Ninja Blender a little longer just to make sure the strawberries are mixed well. I love my Ninja it's the only thing that can break down the ice. This makes up about five cups total. Have a smoothie day!
Monday, April 27
I love my smoothie's thought I would share this one.
Thursday, April 23
Wednesday, April 22
The earth is beautiful place. I never understand why people litter. It's being lazy. I have raised my boys to respect the earth. We walk daily just around our neighborhood. It never fails that we come home with others trash. It's sad that people don't value the earth we live on. We pick up trash no matter where we are. Just walking into a store on the beach if it's trash we put it where it belongs. If it can be recycled we end up taking it home to be taken care of. It's not hard to do it. Justin when he was little would pick up trash another person dropped go up to them and give it back. The adults always looked embarrassed. Christopher is very outspoken he will pick it up and say "There is a trash can you are walking by. You could have dropped this off." I love my boys. They are leaving no trace behind. Footprints are all humans should leave. We live here and for the most part I want to be able to go outside with my children without have to play in trash. Do your part pick up after yourself. It's really not that hard to do.
Tuesday, April 14
- The overall police response to domestic abuse is lacking, despite considerable improvements having been made in recent years. In many cases, inadequate service has been provided to victims, and this means that they are placed at an unnecessary risk.
- Domestic violence is listed as a priority in the Police and Crime Plans of most forces, yet in practice, it sometimes does not receive the importance it merits.
- Some of the factors that contribute to an inadequate response include:
- A lack of clear leadership and direction from senior officers.
- Problems in core activities, especially with regards to the collection of evidence at the scene of the crime.
- A failure to promote proper behavior, attitudes and actions on the part of officers.
- The failure to place domestic abuse as a priority when determining day-to-day priorities, routines and assignments for frontline officers.
- An inadequate feedback system that will highlight the experience of victims with respect to police response. It is vital that the voices of victims be heard; they can provide police with a keen understanding of the nature of abuse and the many forms in which it can be manifested.
- Police officers need to have the required training and tools they require to provide the right response to victims. Officers need to be aware of the nature of domestic violence, and of the effects it can have on victims, children and society.
- The lack of priority given to domestic abuse means that often, police miss the opportunity of tracking down aggressors and serious consequences can ensue.
- An improvement is required in the information technology accessed by officers, so they can obtain more information about the victim or perpetrator when they arrive at the relevant home.
- Police can find it more difficult to respond appropriately when psychological intimidation is used instead of physical violence.
- The initial response of officers to a situation of violence is crucial, yet in some cases, victims can appear to be uncooperative out of a sense of future repercussion from the perpetrator or because the relationship is marked by addiction or codependence. Police officers need to be aware of the sometimes ambiguous response they may receive from a victim. The report notes that all too often, the service a victim receives depends entirely on the skills of empathy of the particular police officer involved.
- A quick police response is not sufficient; officers also need to ensure victims know that they are being taken seriously and that they are not being judged. When these qualities are not present in police officers, it can undermine the confidence of victims.
- Police officers need greater awareness of who is responsible for what; often, a confusion as to roles leads to inadequate service being provided.
- The assessment of victims as either high, medium or standard risk cases, needs to be reviewed.
Thursday, April 9
Monday, April 6
Your workout can easily get lost in the whirlwind of your weekly to-do list. Don't let it! If you need help follow these tips.
1. Get a gym buddy. Have someone by your side who can help push you to your goals and vice versa!
2. Workout at least three times per week. Make it a guiding rule to, at the very least, exercise three times a week!
3. Set goals. Setting a goal weight or other related goal can be utilized as motivation to get up and moving
My personal favorite look to Arnold Schwarzenegger for help. Blast your headphones with kick ass music you can get lost in. Bust out that workout telling yourself you can! Ask yourself How bad do you want it?
Then do it.
It is true my life is so much better after I get done with Zumba. It's hard not to laugh in class because my Zumba teacher is shaking her hips like a pro while we all look like we are having some kind of attack of some sort. A few tips if you take Zumba class you will laugh if you look at others. My thought is "What the Hell is that person doing?" Then I remember that I'm doing the samething which makes me laugh my ass off. It's a good thing mirrors are not in the gym. Tip 2: Always think you have it. Just dance it out.
The hip rolls are a little much for me since I think certain rolls should never be seen in a family setting. It is fun to try it out considering that It's fun to show my hubby. Take a look at this studmuffin! I learn this today from Diane mixed with this jump squat turn from Leanna. Let's hit a club to show off my new moves!
Dancing is good for the soul I enjoy it a lot. Tip 3: If you are new to a class don't try and keep up with the teacher you might blow a hip out. Been there done that telling someone you have an injury from Zumba class you tend to get odd looks.
Thank God I'm not a big chested woman or I might put an eye out in class. I look like I just jumped out of the pool when class is over. I burn a good 500 - 800 calories in class easy! Make sure you pee before class and get a good meal in so you have something to burn. The one thing I know is that everyone in class is a family.
Be sure everyone in class has a spot they have been there for awhile. They get there early just for that spot don't make anyone mad. In the end just dance to the tenth Pitbull song. It's okay he is in lot's of songs however we went country today. I had a blast!! Country line dancing with a hip roll made my day.
Saturday, April 4
I would have to say I did switch the jump squats to lunges half way through and just plain old squats. I did find that this challenge was a little much with the squats. In my opinion why not add some weights to your hands to make it hard.
200 is a little much and you risk injury to
your knees forcing more on how many then form. You always want to have good form no matter what. I normally don't start counting until it hurts.
The amount of superman's in this was a little much. If you have back problems it could help but not in the amount this challenge was asking for. Over time being consistent at least three days a week will help your back overall.
Working out is more mental then physical. The reason for that you have to set your mind up in order to put your body through something it's not use to. Even if it is you still have to avoid that plato that everyone goes into from time to time. Change it up you shouldn't be at the same spot next year in your workout. Increase your weights don't be scared take a cardio class get outside and run get off the treadmill. Mix it up but don't forget to have lot's of fun! The rest of this 30 days was descent I didn't mind the extra work later in the evening. I did crash on day 20. I was just exhausted from not taking a day off to rest. Resting is needed when working out it's as important as lifting weights. Your body needs that time to repair itself in order to build. I think I might take this challenge and redo it changing a few things to fit me. If you took the time to do this please let me know how you did.