Pages

Thursday, March 14

105 years old

http://www.facebook.com/directrelief/app_313014592143358?sk=app_313014592143358&ref=ts

Go friend this wonderful woman on facebook who is 105 years old. I saw her today on Ellen which was a inspiration to me about how she lives her life.

Ellen asked her

         '' What is your secret ?"

Edythe replied

" I have a happy marriage. I'm a happy person and if something happens that I can't do anything about it I don't worry about it. "

I love that answer because that is how I live my life. I'm a very happy person in life in general about everything. I show my children daily that its more important  to be happy in life then what you can buy or have. For anyone who knows me "Being Happy" means more to me above anything else. It took my hubby awhile to learn to be happy and let go.  He has a childhood past no child should have. A childhood filled  with pain. A soldier  who has guilt .

He told me
     "That he never knew happiness until he meet me."
I'm grateful I was able to show him a better life then what he was living. He has changed so much over the seven years we have been together its amazing. I could tell a change the first week of getting to know him after we met two years before. A whole other side was to be uncovered that he showed me. I love my hubby with every fiber  of my being. He may have faults like everyone else but the difference is I accepted who he is not who he was. I think what has made our marriage so successful  is that we went though a similar childhood. We understood each other in a way that was meant for us. I have never told him " Life,Love,Marriage and kids would be easy. It would always be a challenging no matter who you are." It's how you decide to let the other person in. It's  will and how you fight for what you want that makes a difference.

There are things in life that you have no control over. When that happens you have to just let go. To be happy its doesn't come easy to some its becomes something you learn to do like riding a bike. If you can learn that then everything else will fall into place.

4 comments:

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

I am impressed and inspired

Unknown said...

Such an inspiring article. I love the way you said "its how you fight for what you want that makes a difference." And it seems that Edythe is fighting her life with so much happiness, which obviously made her aged gloriously. Thanks for sharing Patricia, definitely a good read. Kindly visit my blog when you have time www.mommysaiddaddysaid.com.

Unknown said...

What a nice read. I like the way you said, "it's how you fight for what you want that makes a difference." Thanks to you and Edythe... kindly visit my blog too, when you have time. www.mommysaiddaddysaid.com.

Unknown said...

What a nice read. I like the way you said, "it's how you fight for what you want that makes a difference." Thanks to you and Edythe... kindly visit my blog too, when you have time. www.mommysaiddaddysaid.com.

Total Pageviews