Pages

Saturday, November 24

Wings of Cancer






 
Its unreal not being able to pick up the phone to call to see what you are doing. It has almost been three years since I lost you to lung cancer Papa. This December is going to be hard. I miss hearing your stories and debating on the man vs. food on how much food we could eat to try and beat one another. It's sad how your death tore the family apart. We have all gone our separate ways. You were the Legend that kept us together. No matter how bad it had become no matter how long someone was gone it was like it never happen once you spoke your peace. Justin wants to buy an Elvis stocking to put up to remember you. I wish you were here to see how much Justin has grown up. He is very smart.  I have tons of pictures of you guys together. It was hard for me to tell you on your death bed that I was pregnant again. My pain of losing my grandpa was too much to bear the thought of you not knowing your great grandchild. I lost him or her a few days after you pass to the next journey in life. I hear an Elvis song and it brings tears to my eyes because I can't hear you sing to the family with Uncle Ricky. It's funny that I thought you were famous but it was Elvis on the radio. Thanks mom it is one of my favorite memories from my childhood. I know my mom misses you like crazy. She needs you just like everyone else. I wish Santa could bring you for Christmas but I know he can't. It's a nice throught right? You sure had the belly first the red suit. Nana and I was talking about you the other day she told Lilly and Dallas that you were in the magic box that sits on her dresser. I meant for a fivee and four year old they still talk about you daily.I had to take the phone away from my ear for a second. Nana was slient she needs you the most out of everyone. We are all greatful you left earth on your final days not in pain. It was hard to see and be with you on your treatment days. The months Steve and I took you it was really hard to see you like that. You were always so strong you still pushed though the pain. I wish you never had bear that pain. If I could have taken your place I would have. You now have wings eating a burger with Elvis is what I know you are doing looking over our family. I want you to know that I still miss and love you Papa. Your family still talks about you like you are in the other room waiting for you to appear.You are very much alive though the eyes of my children. They will never forget you nor will I.

2 comments:

Kiran Palwasha said...

Heart touching post. Thanks for sharing your feelings words. i love it. We all happen to get nostalgic.
With Love
Kiran

Cerulean Rose said...

All of us have lost someone very dear to us, this is very touching and almost left me in tears, i thought of the ones I lost too but i guess they're all together now in the happy place... =)

Total Pageviews