Pages

Wednesday, November 28

I was an egg donor

This was a journey I took with my hubby. It was more of a joke when he came home and asked me what I thought about him donating his sperm. I laugh thinking he was just pulling my chain. We already had a son so why not sell his sperm for money.  It was the conversation at the gym that day. Okay, I thought well if he can make money and help others why not? It went over in my head a few dozen times. Questions about what if the child wants to meet the donor? If,and buts all came to mind. I took out my laptop and punched it into google. I didn't get far because on the side bar it said Be A Egg Donor.

Donor Qualifications

Eligibility requirements are as follows:
You must be a healthy female between 18 and 30 years of age.
You must not smoke or use drugs.
You must be no more than 20% over average weight for your height.
The medications you will take are given by small injections.
You must be available most morning for two weeks for blood tests and ultrasounds and undergo a minor procedure (under sedation - it doesn't hurt!) to collect the eggs.
Donors are compensated $5,000 for their time. Become an Egg Donor and Change a Life...
When you choose to donate eggs to an infertile couple, you begin an incredible journey. Imagine the joy you will bring into someone's life by helping to create a new family. As an egg donor, age, health and wellness standards ensure the best results for everyone involved.

This is what it said once I clicked on the link. Well I met all the Qualifications. We were only married about a year when as a couple we made the choice to help another woman. I filled out the application online. By our surprise we had the clinic call us the next day.  We were overwhelm by the amount of couples that wanted my eggs. The nurse said I was a perfect woman 5'3 slim130 pounds with brown eyes black hair with natural tan skin. Turns out couples want a mixed child with good genes. That is all they knew about me so far. She said Most couples want the child to look like them. My hubby and I had a meeting at the doctor's office two days later.

Stay turned for part 2 I would like to know if anyone else has gone though this?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a nice thing you are doing. Good for you.

Life is only what you make it said...

Thank you I was a donor for four years.

Total Pageviews