Pages

Thursday, February 23

Savannah Hardin

This undated photo released by the Etowah County Sheriff's Dept. Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012 shows 9-year-old Savannah Hardin. Authorities say they've charged a grandmother and stepmother of the girl, wh

Authorities say 9-year-old Savannah Hardin died after being forced to run for three hours as punishment for having lied to her grandmother about eating candy bars. Severely dehydrated, the girl had a seizure and died days later. Now, her grandmother and stepmother who police say meted out the punishment were taken to jail Wednesday and face murder charges.
http://news.yahoo.com/2-charged-death-ala-girl-forced-run-082216169.html


This breaks my heart to hear that Savannah's own step-mother would allow this kind of punishment. First of all running for three hours is not any kind of punishment a child should have. I would be crying if I was in her shoes being forced to run without water. She was in thrid grade. My son is in thried grade. How could anyone do this to a human being. My heart and prayes goes out to the father and mother of this little girl who won't be able to enjoy life. I hope the stepmother and grandmother gets life. I can't even began to imangine what the parenst are going though. I think they should subject the stepmother and grandmother to the same punishment they gave Savannah.

No comments:

Total Pageviews