Pages

Tuesday, February 21

Re-Blog Fat Tuesday.

Fat Tuesday is paczki day. I’m going to send my loving husband to Hamtramck tomorrow to get a dozen of that 260- 300 calorie baked fat donuts. I can remember ever since I was little eating a paczki with my grandpa talking about the news that day. I will miss this Tuesday talking to him he passed away last Christmas. We love the custard ones and blueberries. Its okay I may not be able to eat a full one but I will surely have to pull double time at the gym. Get ready Amanda to bust out some sweat this week. The paczki are traditional Polish deep fried pastries, usually filled with some sort of jelly filling. While Paczki Day is observed the day before Ash Wednesday .The making of paczki started hundreds of years ago and came from the need to get rid of all forbidden food items in the home before Lent began, which included sugar and eggs. The paczki is similar to a Bismarck or jelly doughnut and is usually filled with rich fruit or crème fillings. So with that Steve is going to give up red meat as Justin and I will give up sweets for lent. I think it should be the other way around considering Steve has a sweet tooth mainly me. Lol No really I guess it’s not that bad until Easter comes. I have been sharing this day with my son upholding on to my polish heritage now I can share it with Christopher. He may be too young to eat one but he will hear us talk about the past history. Did you know that Polish immigrants provided labor for Detroit's early auto manufacturers, beginning in 1914, when Dodge opened its first plant in Hamtramck? The American Polish Century Club holds its festival every July in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The 2011 celebration marks the Festival's 30th anniversary. The 2010 festival featured children's events and activities, carnival rides and music by Polka bands such as The Kielbasa Kings and Duane Malinowski & the Polka Jamboree. There were also traditional Polish dance performances by the Zajaczek Dance Ensemble and a craft exhibition featuring more than 50 local artisans. Vendors served pierogies, kielbasa and paczki. My family will be there in July. Yes I’m polish and I will eat a Paczki on Tuesday!


2012 Paczki Day

Today is Fat Tuesday. I had to read what we did on this day last year. It seems so far away. I guess that is why they call it the past. We missed the festival last July we were in New York. Steve didn't make it to Hamtramck he is setting up our new house today. I'm going to make today about our family history. We will sing songs, dance and of course eat a Paczki. Christopher will sink his new teeth in one this year. Today is also a very special day it's my amazing hubby's birthday. We love you more then you know Steve. We are very proud of what you have accomplished in life. I love that you fill up my coffee pot with water. You make sure I have my French vanilla k-cups stock and ready. You always make sure I have gas in my truck. I love it when you brush my hair or run your fingers though it. I love you not because you treat me as the Mexican Queen that I am. You are not just my husband but my friend. You are someone I can count on. I gave you my heart and soul to you on our wedding day. Even standing in that church you still had your way of annoying me. I think about it you were very cute. I can come to you and talk about anything. I love that even when I'm wrong you never really tell me I'm wrong. I can tell by the little smirk you give me that I may consider another path. I fall in love with you more and more each day we have together. I love that you laugh at my jokes.  Who would have thought at 21 and 22 we would still love each other as much as we do?  That we would be able after seven years together we can still talk for hours without stopping everyday I find out something new about you that makes me love you even more.  I catch you off in the distance looking at me with a smile that could light up the world. You love me most of all. You show me daily how much you love me by the little things you do. Taking my hand to dance out of nowhere in the living room just melts my heart. Hearing you last night talk about the ducks and squirrels that we will have in our pond was cute. I love that you work hard at everything you do. That is where our boys get their drive from seeing Daddy do his best. You inspire me daily to be the best I can. I'm a better person, mother and wife because of you. I haven't seen anything you can't do. The word (can't) does not exist in your vocabulary. You are a great outstanding father! I never have to worry about you not spending time with the boys.  If you only have ten minutes you call to check up on them. Every waking minute you have is with our children. Sometimes I have to admit I'm a little jealous when you come home from work and kiss the boys first. I think that is why I love you the most. Your kids mean everything to you. I love watching them run up to you with their little arms wide open for you to catch them. You play, read, and pretend with them as much as you can. Most of all you spend time with our boy's. You let them down. They know you love them no matter what. That is what they will remember the most about you. When you have to be the one who lays down the law they still know they can wrap you around their finger. Happy Birthday! Today is a very special day because you were born.  We love you!


No comments:

Total Pageviews