Pages

Tuesday, February 21

Polish Foods

Polish food has a reputation for being heavy. Polish immigrants brought their cuisine to America and other parts of Europe, which has influenced regional cuisine. Food staples in Poland include potatoes, cabbage and pork, which appear in many Polish dishes. Polish food does not differ from many other Eastern European cuisines, which are heavy on potatoes, sausage and sauerkraut.

Read more: List of Polish Foods | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6855105_list-polish-foods.html#ixzz1n2HI9fxq


I remember the first time I cooked Pierogi's for Steve. My family loaded him down with the potatoes dumpling. Up to this point Steve never had a Pierogi. Who doesn't eat a Pierogi? Steve now loves them along with kielbasa and Sauerkraut which we have for Christmas ever year.  Stuff cabbage has been a childhood favorite of mind. If you never had it before you should.  It is a little bit of ground beef, pork, rice and spices to help along with the cold winter months. You can have it really anytime you feel the need to cook. Enjoy as I will today when I make these dishes to share with my family.

No comments:

Total Pageviews