Pages

Sunday, August 14

Tears in New York

We will always Remember.




http://news.yahoo.com/behind-the-scenes-look-at-9-11-memorial.html






I came across this on yahoo today. As I watched this video I started to tear up. When we were in New York in July we did stopped by ground zero. Yes, we took pictures unlike a lot of people who were smiling next to the plaque. I don’t understand why you would want to be in the picture let along smile in it. Even as we walked down to ground zero it took me back to the day it happen. I was in school walking down the hallway when I seen a girl crying.




“What’s wrong?”

“They are dead I know it!”

“Who is dead Hun?”

“The towers went down the towers went down!”



I gave her a hug as she cried on my shoulder. I didn’t know what she was talking about just then a teacher walked out and took her away. I went to my next class with everyone talking, sobbing going on it was chaos. My teacher turned on the TV. At that moment I saw what she was talking about. The twin towers where hit by planes I couldn’t believe it. I felt like throwing up. I saw the people jumping from the building as my heart sank to the floor. I later founded out that her parents worked there. I couldn’t imagine losing my mom and dad to something like that. I couldn’t even think about losing them at all. I’m glad that they have this completed for the people who lost loved ones. They have water falls to remember them by. The biggest man made water falls in the world I think that’s what the video said. I really like it I think that was the best thing to do. It would be to weird for them to build something over top of ground zero.




Here are some pictures I took when we were there. Steve and I took a few pictures as we teared up ourselves. It's surprising with all the noise in the city it was quiet standing there. We had a very erie feeling being there. There is so much lost on ground zero not to mention on the streets with so many people unaccounted for that we don’t know about.  Being in New York made it real for me. Steve and I will be going back soon to view the water falls.


Last night I started to watch flight 93 that was on TV. I couldn’t do it I had to change the channel. My heart goes out to everyone who lost a loved one. I feel your pain and panic on your last moment here on earth. I wouldn’t wish that kind of lost on my worst enemy. I know when I found out Steve left for marine boot camp a few years later even though we were not a couple then. I had all these feeling of hurt come over me like I did on this day. I had a lot of friends who left in 2001 for the military. They only join for this reason. I think I regret not going I chicken out for many reasons. I wasn’t ready to go. I come from a family who has served many years. My great grandpa, grandpa, uncles, cousins, step dad and I can’t forget my husband. The whole bottom part are filled with names. It's really sad to think about this day.





                               10 years have gone by so fast seems like another life time ago.

No comments:

Total Pageviews