Pages

Monday, August 29

One of our last Trips before school starts

This past five days with my family has been a blast. We went to go see my dad. I love seeing him but the drive is really long a 7 1/2 hour trip turns into a 9 hour trip with all the stopping we have to do with the kids.  Last night on our way back home Justin would cough or sneeze and Christopher would just giggle out of control. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. I couldn't help but laugh. It was really cute.

Christopher trying to walk to daddy.

 Man oh Man taking the time to relax and get away from the city was nice. Justin had to fight the dog for a frog. She was not giving up her toy she found.  You had to be there to see it. Jay ended up putting the frog on steroids in the garden. The thing was huge!
We found a water fall on the side of the road. Here is Justin and Steve. Justin  had a blast because his Daddy had to carry him down to it.
 His daddy was joking that he was going to put Jay in the fall. He was freaking out. Steve said it was cold in the cave that it droped about ten degrees in there.
Back up to the Truck. I swear they are two peas in a pod. I can tell Jay is getting older. He stays up on the trip now before he would sleep the whole time. My little man is going to be in the 3rd grade already. I'm really happy but sad at the same time. Kids are little only for a short time. I remember going to the out house races when he was 3 years old.  That seems like it was a lifetime ago. I love that we find time to take family trips. It's the little things that matter the most in our life like this. It makes me happy to have the chance to watch my children grow. Our children have both of their parents to share these wonderful times with.
We also stopped by the lake and took a dip. I love watching Christopher with excitment when he sees something new like sand. He ate a hand full of it. He didn't seem to mind it. I had to rinse out his mouth three different times in the water. My boys love the water. Justin buried his self in the sand with our help of course. I pushed him in the water to get all the sand off of him. I sliped in the water myself well up to my knees. That water is cold as hell. To think when I was Jay's age I too swam in it. Crazy I know but the boys loved it.
My dad's cat caught a mouse on the deck it must of got in from outside. She almost threw it on my dad's friends. He so acted like a girl with that one feet up and all. My wonderful hubby got the mouse out of her mouth when it escaped. Steve was chasing the mouse and caught it by the tail. He is walking though the house to the back door telling me not to scream. Justin and I where at the table playing uno.  A quick hand off to my dad and out the door and down the road the little mouse went. It's a no kill zone here. I can't wait to go back in October. I'm not looking forward to the snow. Steve and Jay love the snow up there. You can jump in and disappear.  I was able to get my second book I'm working on almost complete. The title is A Child well that is what I'm thinking so far. It's about kids, blended families , marriage, love and hate. I have a lot of friends who are going though a lot right now with these subjects. I seem to have a lot to say about it. We will see what happens with this book. I guess a wise woman pushed me to write this book. With her I don't know if it would have ever happen. Recent events enlighted me to these touchy subjects mothers have with the men they choose to have kids with. A few years of research can go a long way especially when I didn't have to do much work when it was right in front of me the whole time. Putting it all together is going to be a ticky one. The long drive was very helpful. Have a great day my wonderful readers. I hope your summer was as good as mind. It's almost over but there are plenty of things to still do.

No comments:

Total Pageviews