Pages

Tuesday, August 23

Marriage

"What I found is divorce just can't be an option," Will told Ellen at the time. "It's really that simple. And I think that's the problem with L.A. - there are so many options. So a huge part of the success for [Jada] and I is that we just removed the other options."


This is what Will told Ellen and I have to say I’m a firm believer that it is not an option for Steve and I ever no matter what happens. We will work though it no matter what it takes. I just watched Look Who’s Talking while I clean the house for the night. Steve is just like John Travolta in the movie.



I can’t count how many times I have came home to see the house a mess because he was playing with Jay. Steve is really silly when it comes to the kids. What am I saying? Steve is a big kid his self. I love it. Steve may not be able to dance God love him. It's real funny to see him try to bust a move with Jay. Now Christopher is getting to know his daddy just like Jay. I picked a great man to have kids with.http://www.accesshollywood.com/jada-pinkett-smiths-secret-to-marital-success_video_843781




To have a successful marriage you have to have the following. Honesty is the number one thing I have found to be at the top of our list for each other. If you don't have that then it's over before it starts.
Intelligence and Confidence in each other goes a long way. I support my man and he supports me. Even if I think some of Steve's ideas or business ventures are a little out there at times. A Good Sense of Humor is a big key to life. You have to be able to laugh at yourself, others just in general at things. It's like crying over spilled milk. It's silly life is too short to be serious all the time. Steve and I have very good work ethics. We have worked for everything we have. We are very family oriented people. That was one thing that bought us together in the first place. Our families may not be perfect but we found a way to make it work. We found each other when it meant the most to us. I'm thankful to add we are very mentally stable people. It helps when you are both sane in the marriage. Instead of dealing with a crazy person all the time. Even worst when you are the only one who is trying to make it work. I know many people where being mentally stable is the last thing on their list of things of doing. I have found that these people are very selfish in wanting only what they want. That's no way to live with another person you care about. Steve and I have the ability to listen to each other. That's where our friendship comes in. That was built before we said I DO. We have each others best interests at heart. It's always and forever with us till the end. I can't picture my life without Steve. I know Steve feels the same. I remember when he wasn't a big talker when we met. I could always tell what he was thinking by looking into his eyes. I think he is the only man who likes to cuddle with me beside my Jay man. I have to say we do that very often. I have never met someone who is just as protective as I am about our loved ones. I was very sick back in 2008 when a nurse of all people told Steve to stop asking questions to just be a husband and go to the waiting room. I was in a lot of pain but still managed to hold his hand to calm him down from exploding. I could see the steam come out of his ears. Steve has a very soft voice when it comes to Jay. Our poor baby needed to give blood when he was two. Of course my feelings were hurt when all he wanted was his Daddy. Steve made it all better for him on top of taking him to get ice cream. I don't know how Steve does what he does when it comes to his family. He always makes us his number one in his life. I'm the sameway I will fight to the death to protect my loved ones. We are both very passionate people who have a very stubborn streak in us. If we think we are right or wrong we will fight to prove our point. It's hard to be mad at that man when he is being groofy when I'm trying to be mad.  I love that about Steve he never gives up especially on us. We both have very big ambitions about life and love. It's great that we see each other for who we really are inside and out. We don't have to hide it like most do. Steve and I just celebrated 7 years together this month. We take care of each other not to mention the wiliness to experiment in bed to keep it hot and spicy. It's never the samething with us. It may be a quickie sometimes in the car or on the deck. I think married couples have to find time for themselves to make it work. Sex may not be everything in a marriage but it seals the bond you share with your loved one. Steve will always have my unconditional love, support and happiness.  We have never taken each other for granted. I almost forgot you have to be able to share everything with your partner the good, bad and ugly. Love is such an amazing thing. True love is something to hold on tight to. We are each other soul mates. This is what makes us work. What about you?



This is my Happiness in life. No one can take that away from us. Why you may ask?  I don't give that kind of power to anyone!
Have a great night my readers I have a favorite quote from Shakespeare "To thine own self be true" I have lived by this my whole life now it will be a tatto on my ribs.







No comments:

Total Pageviews