Pages

Saturday, December 15

Victoria Soto

Victoria Soto, 27, a first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., ushered her students into a closet and in so doing placed her body between them and the assailant.

She was a very brave women. God Bless her. It's sad that among fire drills and homework you have to worry about some crazy person walking in your school with a gun. When something like this happens its hard to believe in God. For me at least I know bad things happen all the time. I will never understand why he let these children die. My son is nine I did not find out about the shooting until I picked him up from school. I was homeschooling him with a lot of talking to my hubby we made the choice to put him back in public school. My son asked to go back we now live in a neighborhood with school age children. They have been asking him when he was going to come to school. I just talked to Justin about what to do if someone came in his school with a gun two weeks ago. Just two weeks ago we sat down as a family and talked about this. I turned on the news Friday my heart dropped to the floor. What has this world come to? My son asked me "Why would someone do that?"
I turned my head I admit I choked up. Looking at my nine year old son I bush away my tears "My son bad things happen to good people. Even kids the best way to go on is to remember them ,not the bad guy."
It was a conversation my hubby and I had that night with our nine year old son. Explaining the Evil in the world is the worst when the victims are the same age as your child. If you are a parent you know what I mean. I can only hope this will stop in the future. My heart and prayers goes out to everyone.

2 comments:

Kiran Palwasha said...

Well written!! Its very touchy.

God gives peace to those parents who have lost their kids and to all those bereaved families.

It really feels bad when some one innocent fell prey to such incidents. I am very well familiar to such conditions as in my country Pakistan , all such happens most of the time and some times we don't know who the hell are doing all this to Innocent people ? But i never get any answer.....

Some times this all seems to be part of politics and some times the own insane of human nature..


i wonder some people lived in quite good healthy environment, still they can behave so cruel ?

Unknown said...

This woman was a true hero. So brave. My prayers go out to all of them.

Total Pageviews