Pages

Sunday, December 16

Morgan Freeman

http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/morgan-freeman-shares-thoughts-tragic-shooting-sandy-hook/

If you read what Morgan Freeman says for me it hit a spot. I remember the shooting in1999. For those who don't know On April 20, 1999, in the small, suburban town of Littleton, Colorado, two high-school seniors, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, enacted an all-out assault on Columbine High School during the middle of the school day. The boys' plan was to kill hundreds of their peers. With guns, knives, and a multitude of bombs, the two boys walked the hallways and killed. When the day was done, twelve students, one teacher, and the two murderers were dead; plus 21 more were injured. The haunting question remains: Why did they do it?

Morgan has a point I don't know any of the victims names. I feel lost with being hit with that fact. I was in 10th grade. I remember even more now since my son asked if anything like Friday' s school shooting happen when I was in school? The fact that the answer was yes is even more disturbing. My stomach has been in knots since this morning when I took him to school. Part of me didn't want to let go of him. My hubby called me me a dozen times just to talk because he was worried too. I must have kissed Justin a dozen times before I let him go. An hour before I had to pick Justin up a bullet was found on a school bus at another school in our area. His school was on lock down. On top of the phone call we received last night letting all parents know that  police will be station outside all schools till the end of the year. My heart drop to the floor. I called the school and was told everything was fine. I have never felt better when I did get to see my son in person. My heart goes out to everyone today who have to make plans to lay their child down for the last time. Please pray for all the families that have lost a child.

1 comment:

provoqd said...

Hi Patricia,

My first visit to your blog.
You have a wonderful blog site.
Indeed, with the recent shootout at the school, parents all over US fear for the safety of the children. The government needs to take some stern action against this.

Keep posting.

Regards

Jay
http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

Total Pageviews