Pages

Tuesday, January 1

First Night 2013

Across the bay, St. Petersburg is hosting its big, annual alcohol-free First Night event starting around 5 p.m., with kids' activities at the Pier and events all over downtown St. Petersburg. There will be two sets of fireworks at both 9 p.m. and midnight. Musical acts include Suite Caroline and the Vodkanauts on the main stage. Admission is $12 for adults and $6 for children.

We took the boys for the fireworks but there was so much more to do. It's a carnival/ art fair all in one. We ran across a man who played the drums on five gallon buckets. His name was Chris Harris. He was awesome! I never seen anything like that before especially when he drum one handed. Tons of arts and crafts for children to do like making hats and what not. We stop by to watch the ballet dancers then I sweet talked my way into the Imax Theater to go pee. I had a $20.00 Cappuccino that was awful . I had to settled for that instead of a hot coco. Our waiter looked at me like I was crazy I guess he would after I looked at the  menu $70.00 for a plate I would look at someone the sameway. It's  funny to see how people react in different states. We made a new tradition this year instead of eating 12 grapes and walking around in a circle with our luggage. My favorite of course  wearing white to bring in the New Year clean we wrote down a New Years resolution and a bad memory then burned it. We came across the parents of the lady who put the night event together. I guess this is the third year running. We all liked it very much. 2013 will be the best one yet. I would have never thought our family would be where we are today this time last year. My hubby and I were in downtown in Detroit,MI last New Years Eve. We will continue to live our life to the fullest. It's a no holds bar this year. Happy New Year everyone.

http://www.firstnightstpete.com/directions.php

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a cool way to celebrate New Years!

Kayla Nelson said...

I am nominating you for a Liebster Award! Go to my blog to accept :)

Total Pageviews