Pages

Monday, August 6

A painful past

Over the weekend I have had a few comments about my page on Domestic Violence which brought me back to a painful past I once had. I don't talk about it a lot because it still has a huge affect on me. My high school boyfriend beat and rape me more times then I can count. This is the first time I have wrote about it. Once I separate my emotions from it then I have no problem talking about what happen. My hubby told me once that it was like I'm a totally different person when I do that. I would have to agree with him on that. My hubby is a huge part of why I left my high school boyfriend. When I met him it was in the middle of a huge fight my boyfriend and I were having. At that time he didn't hit me he walked away from me. My soon to be hubby Steve seen me in his words couldn't resist the urge to walk over to me. I remember his words like it was yesterday."It's not your fault he is an ass, you are a wonderful person inside and out." Then he walked away not knowing him he found me again. I seen Steve a number of times after that but it wasn't until I graduated from high school that a real friendship emerge with this wonderful man that I knew nothing about. Yes, that is how my oldest son became a start of what is now my life. It's funny to think about it now because I didn't even know his name until a month before our first date which is this Friday it will be seven years with Steve. Steve is a very easy person to talk to without being judge on what I did in my past. However as we became friends I began to understand who he was. It seem that we were not as different as I once thought.
I have accomplish a lot in my life. Letting go of my past being one. My past doesn't make me who I am it is who I once was. With God by my side he sent Steve to me in that place in time to save me. Steve understood what I went though coming from a similar past as mind. He knew what it was like not to be able to turn to someone for help. I guess putting two lost souls together made a life worth living. I said I do six month later to Steve after our son turned two. He came back from over seas only to ask me to be his wife. It was hard to get to know the man in uniform again. So much time had past we were again at the beginning which made everything new for our Journey. I am very grateful I have a chance to help others with my story. I owe my happiness to my hubby. He is my superman my rock that makes me strong. I love you Steve!
Without you I could not stand. We have made us work because we wanted to.

No comments:

Total Pageviews