Pages

Thursday, September 8

9/11 at 8:46 We Pause to Remember

We will always remember today. I was in school when this happen. It changed my life along with millions of Americans all over.


This picture I took off the Internet.

This picture I was looking at thinking there was something missing.  I took this picture on our family trip to New York back in July. We took Justin for his 8th Birthday present. We were in New Jersey waiting for the fireworks to begin. New York is amazing place to go. I hope to go back in a year or two to see the 9/11 memorial. It breaks my heart thinking about this day. I can't seem to get that girl from high school I ran into out of my head. Sadly she lost her parents on that day.

This is another picture of the city as the sun was going down.






Some facts about the Twin Towers


1. The idea for a World Trade Center in New York dates back to 1946, but for various reasons, political and otherwise, active planning didn't begin until the 1960s. By 1967, the Port Authority (responsible for building the towers) had awarded $74 million in steel contracts, and construction was soon underway. Photo: Archive Photos/Getty Images



2. The topping-out ceremonies for the North and South towers took place, respectively, in 1970 and 1971. By the time the towers were completed, total construction costs for the project had ballooned to $900 million. Photo: Henry Groskinsky/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images



http://news.yahoo.com/the-evolution-of-the-9-11-conspiracy-theories.html






No comments:

Total Pageviews