Pages

Monday, April 23

Working Out with kids

I have always been a very athletic person. I  made sure I workout during both my pregnancy with my children. I was unbelievably fit with Justin. With Christopher I didn't do as much because my right leg was the size of an elephant's leg which made me look funny. My body didn't match my leg at all. Steve was always on the go when I was pregnant with Christopher. We were always doing something walking the mall with the mall walkers. Something was always on our list of things to do daily.
yoga
I know what you are thinking you can't workout with kids. I'm here to tell you of course you can. My hubby used to laugh as he sat there watching Justin and I workout side by side. I wanted to make sure my son was fit in life. I made all his baby food myself. Steve and I insisted we didn't fill our son with all that junk they put in the stuff they sell at the stores. Justin did everything I did from boxing,yoga, running, walking, swimming,biking, hiking,martial arts everything. He still does. He is a very active little boy.
Here I am eight years later getting fit with my second son. He loves it. We have so much fun in the morning, afternoon and evening which ever works for us. I still have time to hit the gym for some alone time which is great. I love it when the whole family takes timeout to do it together. Steve and I never talk about losing weight in front of the boys we call it "Getting Fit for Life!" I don't want my children to have a negative outlook on their physical appearance.
All my hard work I guess is paying off since a lady at Walmart thought I was to young to buy a frozen pina colda mix. Her words were" Girl, you have some good genes honey!" That made me feel great since I'm older then Steve by a year technically speaking I'm the old lady.(Laughing) When I'm 80 I will look 40. I'm okay with that.
Steve and Jay have been keeping fit lately playing basketball. I love watching them pouring sweat laughing and joking on the court. Steve loves to run around after Christopher he prefers it actually. I don't mind it with our work schedules he can take the boys whenever he wants. I make sure I walk everyday no matter what. Little by little you can find many ways to stay fit. Take the kids to the park and use the monkey bars to do legs lifts and throw in some crunches while you are at it. The key to getting fit is staying consistent with whatever you are doing. Remember everyone is different it took me nine month to put my baby weight on it has taken me just that to get rid of it. I'm in the toning stage now. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Total Pageviews