Pages

Friday, June 12

Beast Within


July 2013

My fitness journey to getting fit not skinny has been a hard struggle that is still not over.
Here is when I started out three years ago.
I have had more problems then I can count working out. I have always been fit my whole life. I have no problems working out at home. As you know my P90X journey went well after I had tore my rotator cuff and re injured my left wrist. Which by the way was a walking crab injury when my son and I had a race. He won because I slipped and fell.


I started out with spin class which led to fluid in my needs and lots of time off almost two months. Then getting back into it to my disappointment I'm not able to take spin class. Maybe in the future when I build muscles around my knees. I also have sica nerve in my back which I have had all my life. I have my good days and my bad. I have noticed that the stronger my back gets sometimes the pain is manageable now. Everyone has struggles in anything they do. You can either cry about it or push through the hard times and get back to the grind. Every time I had to stop it was twice as hard to get back to where I was before I had to stop. I have a very good support team starting with my hubby who refuses to let me fall. He is my rock when I physically can not walk. He is by my side every step of the way. He  is  nothing but inspirational and confident. Most of all he makes me laugh at the times I want to give in. I can't give up I'm not that type of person even when I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I think about how far I have came in life to get where I'm at now. My kids need a strong mom. My body is my temple I take care of it. I'm even thinking about competing in bodybuilding. I have a long way to go still. I'm on the right track posing in a bikini flexing just makes me laugh when I think about it. If I do go ahead with this I'm not getting one of those spray tans. They just look silly when their head doesn't match.


Not sure about the face I'm making I'm sure holding the camera and flexing is hard. I have to also thank all the great instructors at the gym who kick my ass everyday. I have made wonderful friends in this journey. It's important to know it's a lifestyle that I have taken on. There is no end insight. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to take this step. It's hard as hell when you are sore from your workout the day before to get up and do it all over again. Even if it's ten minutes a day that I have I'm still improving my body and mind. Today is a rest day for me but I'm sure I will fit in a workout. It's  contagious when I see my lonely weights on the floor. I swear they talk to me. Just do five reps and walk away. That really never happens. I end up sweating my ass off. Love your body ladies and it won't do you wrong.



June 2015

No comments:

Total Pageviews