Pages

Wednesday, May 8

Mangoes

What kind of fruits do you like? I like any kind of fruits. My love for fruits and veggies grew stronger with my second child. My hubby being the best daddy in the world already with our first son made sure I was eating right meaning five servings of fruits and veggies daily. I tell you he was such a pain how he hovered over me. I have to admit I loved the extra attention he gave not that it was anything different from before. I did get a kick out of not having to get up to get  my decaff ice tea.  I have him to thank for a healthy pregnancy. He made sure we were taken care of. I think he should go to school to be a doctor. He is kind with people in the hospital when I was hospitalized for dehydration a few times. It was nice to see his caring side but he has to blow things up instead. That's my Marine! (laughing) He is so unpredictable at times. I love it! What I know is he will do anything for our family. He is a strong role model for our boys. 


Some facts about one of my favorite fruits I grew to love while I was pregnant with my Popsicle. Mangoes smoothies are the best!



Clears skin
Mangoes help to clear clogged pores and make your skin acne free. You can treat these problems effectively either by consuming mangoes or by applying them to your face. You can find many beauty products containing mango in them. You can also make mango scrub at home by mixing mango pulp and oatmeal.

Improves Digestion
Like papayas, mangoes are also good for the digestive system. It promotes proper assimilation of the nutrients in the body. The fiber contents found in them prevents constipation.

Effective for Diabetes
Mango fruit ranks low on the glycemic index i.e. 41 to 60, so a moderate consumption of the fruit would not do any harm to the diabetic patients. Further the leaves of the mango tree can help regulate the insulin levels. Take a few leaves of mango tree and boil them in water, leave them soaked in this water over night and then strain and consume this water in the morning.




My Favorite Mango smoothie
1 cup of peach yogurt
1 mango
2 cups of milk ( I use almond milk for a kick of change)
1 banana


No comments:

Total Pageviews