Pages

Sunday, May 15

This is for my Brother and His Fiance

On Mother's Day I was a little unsure what to say to my new soon to be sister in law. My brother just lost their little girl in April to a birth defect. It was nothing they did stuff like this just happens sometime. She was five months along. I didn't know if I should buy her anything maybe a card. I knew of all days this one would hit her hard. She didn't even get the chance to know her little girl. When they came over she held Christopher the whole time. I'm not sure if it helps her or just makes it worst.I know what she is feeling. I remember the child I lost before Justin. It was like someone tore out my heart. I felt like I had no reason to live. I was a lot farther then that I was with my recent two miscarriage. She had to give birth to a dead child I could only imagine the pain she felt. They drive around at night to just get away to ease their minds so they don't think so much. It breaks my heart to see them in pain.  I know nothing will replace their little girl. I only hope both of them get the chance to have a little miracle child of their own one day.  I couldn't sleep so I wrote this poem for them.



From the first day I met you and held you in my arms.
Their was a love that had an unbreakable bond.
I will never see you smile.
I will never hear what you sound like.
I will never hear you cry.

I will never hear you speak those words that mean so much to me.
We were told you didn't have too much time left.

I only had you in my belly for five months.

I had to make a choice with your daddy.

I didn’t want you to be in pain.
Then all of the sudden you were gone.
You were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Your love cut through me like a knife.
I loved you more than the world alone.
And now I'm alone. I have this emptiness inside that can’t be filled.

Today is Mother’s Day I don’t know what to do.
I try to come off strong but I cry over you every night.

Now they tell me I may never be able to feel a life grow inside me again.
You were too young to be taken like that.

What did I do?

Was it my fault?
How come this happen to me?
Two closed eyes to rest.
God took your life to prove to me, He only takes the very best.

3 comments:

Polina said...

thank you patty your poem is very beautiful and i love you guys so much!! It just made me cry but someone once told me that holding back the tears only make things worst the best way to feel better about things in life to let things go and just cry it out once in awhile <3 thank you again

Krysten said...

It is hard to know what to say. A good friend of ours lost their child when she was 5 months along. He had a heart defect and never would have lived a normal life and would have had surgeries all his life. She birthed him and they named him Dallas. On Mother's Day I struggled with whether to say Happy Mother's Day or not. I didn't want to bring up any bad feelings, you know? I finally decided to because I felt that she loved and carried and gave life to that child for 5 months. Turns out that I was the only one who said anything, and it meant a lot to her. She thought of herself as a mom, but thought that no one else did. She just wanted someone to remember Dallas.

Life is only what you make it said...

Thanks Krysten and Polina you are welcome we are always here for you for whatever you need love ya babe.

Total Pageviews