Pages

Friday, October 7

Hurricane Matthew, Friends and Family


My heart hurts for all my friends and family who decided to stay and wait out the storm. Hubby had to convince me to leave. We talked on Monday about leaving. I wanted to leave then what I didn't want to do was wait till the last minute. He didn't seem to think it was a big thing until Mr. Weather Man said we were looking at a direct hit. We left last night drove all the way to Alabama. Taking turns on driving while our boys slept. With two kids two cats and a dog I think we did pretty good. I have always made a hurricane kit every year with our boys. I think because we planned ahead we weren't the last minute shoppers. It helped on our pocket book considering that we may not be back home for a few weeks. I have never seen the rest stops as packed as they where last night. Parking was a mess we slept in the car for an hour at the rest stop. Going on two days boarding up our house and helping our neighbor and getting ready to stay took a toll on us. My anxiety was hitting the roof. We are now safe  just wishing more people would have left as well. Please pray this storm isn't as bad as it seems to be. Tonight will be a long night.


Stay Safe my friends!!
Post a Comment

Total Pageviews