Pages

Thursday, February 5

Tortilla Soup



Here is the tortilla soup recipe from one of the readers.

 

2 cups of the shredded chicken
One 32oz box of chicken broth
One can corn(drain)( I used fresh corn )
2 handfuls chopped cilantro
One squeezed lime
One can diced tomatoes (reg size)( Again I used fresh tomatoes and cut them into pieces)
One can diced tomatoes w/ chilies (if you can't find the can get another can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced chilies)( I used only one jalapeno pepper I really don't do hot stuff my boys and hubby do)
1/2 large yellow onion
One can black beans( I used fresh beans and boil them first before adding which I'm not sure I like)
2-3 table spoons of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of chile powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder

 

Dump everything in a pot and simmer for ~30 minutes. Garnish with cheese and crispy tortilla strips!

 

 
 
Post a Comment

Total Pageviews